PPP in Bangladesh seeks to stimulate economic growth, innovation, expertise in physical and social infrastructure development, and efficiency in project delivery and operations while providing the private sector with a chance to expand their businesses. Bangladesh is making efforts to strengthen the PPP prospects through PPP law and policy support and expanding public sector capacity and funding assistance, market capacity and private participation in each sector, and access to finance for PPP. According to the 8th Five Year Plan of the country, to secure the modernization of the infrastructure and service sector both public and private investment will need to go up as a share of GDP.
• Deliberating on why and how PPP is critical in delivering the goals of Vision 2041.
• Discussing the progress in the PPP space and, incremental increase in capacity, lessons of the public and private sector in the PPP journey to date.
• What is the scope in the policy space for improving implementation of PPP projects.
• Highlighting specific PPP project pipeline that global and local private sector can focus on.
• Deliberating on the next steps on how to modernize PPP in the scope of foreign JVs and greater knowledge sharing from foreign investments.
BANGLADESH SEEN ON TRACK TO BE A TRILLION-DOLLAR ECONOMY BY 2040 – Bloomberg